Saturday, February 5, 2011

Spending My Saturday

Today promises to be a quiet day at home with the little lady. I love days like this, quietly spent enjoying my little girl, perhaps a little work will be fit into the spare moments throughout the day. Mostly I plan to take it slow.

C's room

I am sure I will spend much of my day in Cordelia's room. We will probably play with her toys, maybe a little creative fun, perhaps a little learning, but largely nothing.

I am learning as a parent that it is so important to leave empty spaces in the day. Important for her, because it allows her time to just be. Important for me because it gives me time to watch this girl and interact without distractions and to cement this time into my memory so that I can look back on it when I am an old woman and remember what a gift it was to be a mother to this little girl.

Today I will probably read every book she has a few times through, skipping ahead to the parts she enjoys most.

books

She will probably bring me all of her stuffed animals and insist that I hold them while dancing to music.

C

There will be cuddles and hugs and meltdowns and giggles and silence. Perhaps later in the day we will take a walk or have some visitors and that will be good too.

Yes, I am looking forward to this day very much. Now if you'll excuse me Cordelia has brought me several hats to try on with her...

What does your day look like?

9 comments:

Momma CupKate said...

Beautiful. Both my day and yours.

Stacey Sotosky said...

How lovely! I now have a 2 month old daughter and we just made dad an oven pancake for breakfast. I love taking the time to be with her. I want to always remember these moments.

Helena said...

Beautiful tree. A fellow blogger just painted the same kind on her daughter's wall. (Kalastajan vaimo)

singlemama said...

I hope you two had a great day. we spent it more or less like you, among something creative, cuddles, smiles and games and silences.

:-)

the mountain fox said...

You are so right. Sometimes you have to slow down to take things in.
We had a busy day but had good fun meeting friends and family. Might try for a slow day tomorrow!

elizabeth said...

your day sounds wonderful! i think you maybe should have made some cookies, though . . . ;)

i got home from work this morning, hugged and visited with my family, took a nice long nap, went sledding with my 3, had a yummy snack, helped maddie really clean her room, did 4 loads of laundry, made pancakes for supper with ben and kiddos and am now relaxing before i jump in the shower and head back to work. it was a good day. :)

elizabeth said...

your day sounds wonderful! i think you maybe should have made some cookies, though . . . ;)

i got home from work this morning, hugged and visited with my family, took a nice long nap, went sledding with my 3, had a yummy snack, helped maddie really clean her room, did 4 loads of laundry, made pancakes for supper with ben and kiddos and am now relaxing before i jump in the shower and head back to work. it was a good day. :)

Emily said...

We spent most of our day at home doing those same kinds of things: reading, coloring, playing, snuggling. Then we went to a birthday party this evening which gave the kids a chance to run wild.

Your little Cordelia is such a beauty!

beautifulladybird said...

Great post! I just picked up a book from the library called Simplicity Parenting. I thin it is quite along the same lines as this post. I will let you know if I like it or not.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...