I am nearing my 30th birthday (yes I will begin a new decade in one month and six days). I can't say that it's a very big deal for me, but others (named Eric) made kind of a big deal about it when they turned 30. My twenties have been pretty transformative. I entered them as an unmarried teenage girl and now I am leaving them as a woman; a wife and a mother. I am pretty darn happy to be where I am at, but with that said I want to start my new decade with a clean slate.
So I am trying to wrap up little lingering bits of my twenties so they don't haunt me in my 30s.
- I have applied for graduation!!! I won't officially have my MA until later in the summer, but that's just a formality! Looong overdue!
- I am wrapping up projects and commitments. Sewing projects and other odds and ends on my to do list.
- I hope to make a final decision about whether or not we will buy a home in Wyoming or wait until Montana.
- I am wrapping up some art projects so I can start a whole new idea in April. I am so excited about it.
- I did my taxes yesterday!
- Paying off all of our credit cards. We have just a wee bit more and it will all be gone.
- I want to start searching for a publisher for the vegan cookbook I've been writing for a small eternity.
- New art projects. I have a big solo show in 2012!
- Continue writing the book I started on and had to put on hold while I worked on [procrastinated about] my thesis.
Are you under 30? If so are you scared to make the change?