Friday, March 11, 2011

Faculty Show

Yesterday Eric took a mid-day break from work and came home to grab Cordelia and I. We had a quick lunch of sblt sandwiches(sb=soy bacon) and then we got ourselves ready to hit the road. We went up to the college for my first reception for a faculty art show. I had two paintings in the show.

I had gotten dressed in a casual/cool (in my mind) style--and never took my jacket off once were were there. I carefully combed my hair which seems to be developing two distinctive personalities, curly in back and stick straight in front. The wind was oppressive and my hair swirled into a giant mess and then stuck to my lipstick. C'est la vie. We opened the door to the art building, Eric had Cordelia on his hip, and our nostrils flooded with the garlicky scent of hummus from the caterer's table. We were in the right place for sure.

When we arrived we had already passed the rush and there were only a few stragglers around. A dear family friend was also present. I was touched that she had made the effort. We did a quick tour of the show and chatted with some of the few people who remained.

Cordelia was a charmer, she pointed to the art and proudly proclaimed "art" followed by a recitation of her favorite fruits. Overall it was a mercifully low key event and best of all I got to have a mid-day meet up with my hubby!

IMG_4413
My two pieces to the right

IMG_4419

I will consider it a gentle warm up for our big show at the end of the month! All of our work is done, the press release has been sent out and now we wait for our big night.

Have you ever been to an art opening?

5 comments:

Robin said...

The only one I have been to was for Erin Jones in Boze. She had a beautiful painting of the Crazy's. It was awesome!

the mountain fox said...

Would love to see your art up close! Well done!

AKM said...

I have sadly never been to an art opening. I do enjoy the St. Louis Art Museum, although I haven't been in years.

Those pieces are from your Sound of Music series, yes?

affectioknit said...

I have! Our Alma Mater UNC-A was quite the artsy place...there were often shows off campus as well...and usually free for us poor students....

singlemama said...

wow...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...