Monday, March 21, 2011

Handmade Gifts

I've mentioned on this blog a few times that I am very interested in giving thoughtful and handmade gifts. I love giving gifts that were made with a specific individual in mind. I admit that sometimes I am just at a loss and I run to the store and gather whatever looks good enough. I hate doing that.

Over the weekend Cordelia attended her first birthday party. I decided this was the perfect opportunity to whip up a little handmade project. The birthday was for a 2 year old girl named Maddy. I decided to make her a little tote bag with her initial and a crayon roll from fabric scraps I had laying around. I put it all together in about an hour and just purchased a coloring book and some crayons! I also added the Andy Mason DVD (Eric and I made it and you can get it here)which has been a huge hit!

M Bag

Crayon Roll

Crayon Roll

We had to leave before the party was over. Cordelia was well past nap time (she let me know this by freaking out over a pink ball). I don't know how the gift was received, but I sure felt good about bringing in a handmade gift!

What did you do this weekend?

9 comments:

Kathryn Ashcroft said...

I utterly LOVE the crayon holder!

affectioknit said...

What a perfect gift for a 2 year old! Handmade is always best!

Robin said...

What a great gift!

singlemama said...

lovely presents!!!!

and here's my weekend :-)

http://singlemamafranny.blogspot.com/2011/03/questo-finesettimana-this-weekend_19.html

Pam Brewer said...

Please--put the crayon holder on Etsy!

Maria Rose said...

I will get on it this week Pam!

Emily said...

I love handmade gifts! I think you put together a wonderful bag of goodies!

AKM said...

Wow! So awesome! I'm sure the little one adored your gift.

Mandy Dugas said...

Aww I love the bag with the 'M' and the crayon holder! You are so crafty Maria!! I love your blog so much. Keep up the great work and I love all your photos!

-Mandy Dugas @ MandysHealthyLife.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...