Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kindness Bandit: Debt of Gratitude

kb

I love doing the Kindness Bandit every week. I love that I get the feel good high of doing something on the sly. I love that so many of my readers do it too! This week my family has been the recipients of some life altering kindness and I am completely overwhelmed, completely.

I guess I can be slightly less mysterious about it, by the look of things we will be moving into our first home later next month. We wouldn't be at this point if it weren't for the kindness of others. A kindness that has impacted us more deeply than words can express. Benjamin Franklin once said, “To the generous mind the heaviest debt is that of gratitude, when it is not in our power to repay it."

So I have to make a vow that I will make these acts of kindness grow and spread into something else, as I cannot repay the kindnesses that have been extended to us. Right now I am trying to formulate a plan, a mission if you will. Do you have any ideas? I want to do something or a series of things that will make a big impression, but I also can't spend a fortune.... I want it to be BIG! I am looking for ideas!

2 comments:

kirsten said...

Awesome you are moving into a home!

What about something for animals?

singlemama said...

I love the kindness bandit!!! :-)
and I'm happy for you!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...