Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Kindness Bandit: Let's Do Something For Peggy

kb

You may recall that I've been asking you to contribute ideas to the Kindness Bandit effort. My internet friend Dawn suggested we start a Kindness Bandit movement. Anyway, I have been receiving a few requests and ideas for Kindness Bandit activities. Today I thought perhaps we could band together and do a little something for Peggy who was recently diagnosed with a somewhat aggressive form of MS (see yesterday's post). You can help for just the cost of the stamp.

Her sister Grace wrote," Peggy spends a good amount of time planning for a very near, disabled future. She has come to terms with it, but I’d like to do something that takes all that negative stuff out of her brain. My main thing is to encourage her to focus on something…to have a purpose. What I have asked friends and coworkers to do is to pass along some gifts (used or new) that would just make her happy and help keep her positive. She doesn’t need charity and that’s not what this is. She is a 29 year old unbelievably awesome person who has had a horrific few years and I think she more than deserves a nice random surprise."

Peggy is interested in yoga and belly dancing (she takes classes through the MS Society). She is also interested in baking, reading and knitting. I have so many creative and fascinating blogger friends and I thought if we all banded together we could really overwhelm her with some anonymous giving (doesn't have to be anonymous if you don't want it to). I don't think a big financial commitment is in anyway necessary.

Some ideas (used or handmade would be perfect):
  • Yarn, knitting needles, knitting books and patterns, etc.
  • Scarves for belly dancing, books and videos.
  • Yoga books or videos
  • Handmade items
  • A nice letter
  • Books that you've enjoyed
  • Anything else you can think of
Please email me at maria @ planetwimmer . com to get a mailing address. Grace will be gathering gifts and she will take them to Seattle on the 31st of March when she heads up to participate in the MS walk on April 3rd. Thank you!!!

2 comments:

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

we are in!

elizabeth said...

i would like to contribute!

and i know 3 ladies with MS . . . all at varying stages.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...