Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ophelia

Ophelia

Dear Ophelia,

Why did you climb on my chest at 2:30 this morning? You woke me with your girth pressing down on my lungs and your nasty breath swirling in polluting clouds above my face. You poked my cheeks with your whiskers and demanded some attention. You stayed there purring for a small eternity, digging your claws into the blankets that worked as a protective buffer between us (a little passive aggressive don't you think). I kept falling in and out of sleep and there you were, still chunky and still purring and still sitting on me.

When we brought you home 12 years ago you did the same thing on your first night, with a little more meowing. I can't believe that I am a person who has had a cat for 12 years. I know that you're feeling a little older, a little arthritic, and more than a little annoyed now that we brought a small child into your retirement.

I am sorry that my girl gets wild when she pets you. Thanks for tolerating it...well maybe you're just so lazy that you'd ready tolerate it than move. Either way it's cool.

You've moved with me 10 times, you have endured another cat, a dog, a baby and several attempts at cutting your hair. You've put up with such offensive nick names as Oaf, Loaf, Fatty, Loafelia, and more. Thanks for putting up with us.

Love,
Me

P.S. I am planning to cut your hair again soon!

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

So sweet and funny! ...and she looks exactly like she knows you're talking about cutting her hair...

Blossom said...

AWWW I know just how you feel. MY pets are that close to me too. And that annoying sometimes LOL

singlemama said...

lovely ophelia!

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

she is a pretty kitty

Robin said...

Miss O... I miss seeing your darling wisker pictures! Quit buggin' your Momma when she is sleeping. 'Tisn't very nice, even with the sweet purring.

Tammie said...

ha. Loafelia. i love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...