Monday, March 14, 2011

What!?!

So I know potty training can be controversial with a bajillion schools of thought on the subject. Some mothers like to just start training their babies at birth, while others prefer to wait until later (or much much much later) and generally I don't care to weigh in on that issue.

However, I just can't contain myself--- pun, unfortunately, intended. I have to share it here, mostly because many of you are mothers and you'll care. For some reason potty training isn't a hot topic in other circles (shocking). Anyway, my daughter has really helped me out of the to train or not to train dilemma.

IMG_4422

Last night we were visiting my with my parents at their house. They had just bought a tiny toilet for training. I was putting it together, just starting to talk to her about it. We were hoping to get her on the right track making her familiar with the process and such.

IMG_4423

After a few minutes of listening to our chatter she ran to the bathroom and knocked on the door. My mother followed behind her and opened the door to the bathroom. Cordelia ran in and lifted the lid on the toilet! My shocked mother helped her get into position and ...well I think you can guess. She said the words and did the deed! She has been repeating it since then. The recently purchased child sized toilet remains unused. She seems to have potty trained herself!

IMG_4424

I don't really know what happened here, but I am loving it! Of course I had secretly hoped that my daughter would magically train herself, but I never thought it would really happen. I am sure there will be bumps in the road, but at least we are on the road now!

13 comments:

AKM said...

She is obviously a genius and this only confirms it. Way to go, Cordelia!

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

High Five Cordelia!! :) And double High Five to mom and dad! Rock on guys!

affectioknit said...

Amazing!

SirenMary said...

Yay!!! How cool!

Emily said...

Wow! Way to go, Cordelia!!

..... Carmen said...

That's wonderful! Awesome job Cordelia!

Robin said...

We are still trying to get on the road! No interest what so ever here at our house. Boo. But yippee for your babe!

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

haha! that is so cute. congrats!

Helena said...

Oh I hope my daughter will do that too. She still refuses to use the toilet or potty and she's almost four...

kirsten said...

Awesome!

Momma CupKate said...

I agree with AKM. Brilliance and beauty!

elizabeth said...

mine both "just did it" right after their 3rd birthdays. isn't it nice to avoid all the accidents? and i never had to remember when they should have to go - they did!

so wonderful that she's already got it down! :)

Maria Rose said...

Yep, I am sure lucky. I can't believe it's happening at 1 1/2!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...