Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Were you up all night counting down the minutes until today? Celebration time...it's my father's birthday, but you already knew that didn't you?!

IMG_3914
My Dad and Cordelia earlier this year

In honor (or honour if you're British) of my father's birth I thought I'd mention some of the qualities that make him so special to us.
  • He is weird...weird in a good way, a nuanced way, a way that seems to know no limits.
  • He is so far beyond giving. He gives of himself to anybody who asks as part of his profession as a pastor, but he also does it in his personal life. He has always been there for his family.
  • He is an amazing grandfather. He has the patience to just follow where Cordelia leads and if she runs out of things to do then he has fun ideas. Cordelia asks about him constantly, always wanting to know where he is and when we might see him again.
  • He is really funny. He makes me laugh constantly, even if I am forced to roll my eyes or groan at the bad joke while laughing.
  • He is an amazing musician. You can buy his album here.
  • He is an amazing father, brother, son and husband. He has unique relationships with each member of his family, relationships that we all value beyond measure.
  • He loves nature, but not in a hippie way, a farmer way. He loves to just get out for a hike a walk, golf, a drive out of town. You can just see his mood change when he gets out of town and into nature.
  • He is an amazing story teller. He can recall tales and events from his life and tell the most interesting, engaging, hilarious stories.
He is my father and he is amazing! I am so thankful that he is here and that I get to be his daughter.Happy birthday Dad! I love you!!!

3 comments:

rainblissed said...

Happy Birthday to your amazing Dad. As I've said before, I can only hope that my son grows up loving his parents as you do yours. What a special gift for both of you!!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad today! I hope there is a fun family celebration in store for him!

AKM said...

Your dad is too cool! Happy (belated) birthday to him! GO CARDS! Heheheheh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...