Saturday, April 2, 2011

Things that Make Me Happy Today

I am happy that later this month I get to see my grandmother, brother and sister-in-law.

I am happy that we had a little rain (not snow) storm yesterday.

I was really happy to see the video (at the end of the article) of this dog being rescued after being adrift for 3 weeks after the tsunami.

I am happy thinking about gardening as soon as we close on our house later this month (barring unforeseen circumstances)! The previous owner was a serious gardener and I want to just pick up where she left off. Although I do have plans of my own which include composting, growing food and canning.

IMG_4492
Sneak peek of the yard that will soon be ours

I got the book Roots Shoots Buckets and Boots at library annual book sale ($2 for a bag...I know we just cleared out a bunch of books, but mostly we grabbed books for Cordelia). I am excited to put it to use with my little lady this summer and for several summers to come.

I am happy thinking that my husband is currently at a Kick-a-thon. What is a kick-a-thon? Well, he is in Tae Kwon Do and they are doing a fundraiser for Special Olympics. Anyway, he is kicking a giant pad to raise money. I am happy because a) it's funny to think about him repeatedly kicking a pad 2) he is doing some good.

What is making you happy today?

3 comments:

the mountain fox said...

How exciting, a new house!
Happiness is spending the weekend in my home town and watching my baby being spoiled by all around her!

rainblissed said...

What a wonderful day! I am happy that I have 6 full days of solitude ahead of me. That I'm nearly finished with my first knitting project just for me. And that if I want, I can just walk through the woods to a winery for a little tasting this afternoon :-) Good luck to Eric today. And happy plann(t)ing in your new home!!

Emily said...

What a great looking backyard! I am sure you will have a fun time with gardening and other projects back there. And I can just see your sweet girl running and playing out there too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...