Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back In Action

Well hello from my new home! We moved in on Friday night and we have been settling in for the past few days.

I know that my blog has been posting daily, but I haven't been online for days and it's been kind of nice, but now it's time to return and deal with a full in-box (132 emails, most of them boring stuff).The internet was just installed here and now I am raring to go.

Since so much has happened lately I am going to give you a little taste of everything.

First there was moving day. When we awoke on moving day it was SNOWING. Booo. We powered through it and Eric, Sam and I moved almost everything from the old place to new place. My mom hung out with Cordelia and Bumblebee, which was wonderful. The cats were in a secure location.

Moving

After getting our stuff in the house the guys loaded the carpet they had pulled up and put it in the truck. The next morning Sam and I took a journey to the city dump where we prayed that no birds would poop on us, our prayers were answered.

Saturday was spent unpacking and moving into the new place. One doesn't realize how non-childproofed a place is until a toddler is unleashed. We spent time trying to get that situation under control as Cordelia learned how to navigate stairs.

Sunday was Eric's 31st birthday! We celebrated with lunch and family bowling. I took too many bowling photos...

Bowling

Bowling

Bowling

After bowling we returned to our new place where we had (a really small and wimpy-blame it on the move) cake.

Cordelia and Eric

Sam and Mom

Cordelia
Cordelia enjoyed this cake more than the one on her 1st birthday.

Dad and Bee
My dad had a special moment with Bumblebee

Me
I had a special moment with myself

Mom
My mom was just beautiful.

So now we are all settling into the new place. There is still some painting to be done, but it is all coming together so beautifully. I will soon start sharing some before and after photos!

Cordelia and Bee
Cordelia and Bee on the stairs having fun. Cordelia likes to throw things from the top to the bottom of the 5 stairs...it's awesome...thanks to Eric for showing her that game.

Bee
Bumblebee is so happy to have a yard at last!

Ophelia
I think Ophelia is happy in her own condescending way.

Mia
And Miss Mia feels right at home.

How have you been?

7 comments:

Stacy said...

That cake face photo of Cordelia - adorable and she looks so much like Eric. And happy birthday to my fellow Taurus Eric!

I'm glad the move went well. Hope you'll give us happy glimpses of your new place as you settle in.

Susan S said...

Yay for being back online! And thanks for the sweet compliment.

rainblissed said...

I've been looking for a fraction of the energy you and your family have!! ;-) Congrats on the nesting!!

Momma CupKate said...

Yay! You're back! Snow, wow! It's been cold here, and I was whingey about that, but I'd kinda like snow. Well, I like the idea of it anyway. I haven't been bowling in years and it looks so fun! I will be making a wimpy-blame-it-on-grad-school birthday cake for the Mister. Cordelia is such a doll. Bumblebee and your dad make me wanna put our goofy dog back into dog school- she won't sit still for the camera! You're so elegant, and our mom is a beautiful woman. Miss my cats. My one kitty is disdainful of attention. Welcome back!

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

Hurray for the new home! It is so wonderful that all the craziness is done for you and I am happy that it is suiting your family well. You have such a beautiful loving family and it looks like you had a wonderful birthday for Eric :)

On my way Home... said...

looking forward to all the before and after pics! i love going through ours and realizing just how far this house has come!

affectioknit said...

WOW! I'm so very happy about your new home! Happy Birthday to Eric - the bowling looks like a lot of fun...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...