Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Review

Well, in case you missed it Emily of Bananas and Bees came to visit us in Wyoming this weekend. I had a sneaking suspicion that we might be kindred spirits and I was right! We have had a lovely weekend; we've even got inside jokes now y'all!

Anyway we decided to show her around our region a bit. We took her to Freemont Canyon and Alcova Lake.

freemont
Emily and I

emily at freemont
Emily, looking gorgeous.

the canyon

behold nature
Behold Nature!

waterfall
We also visited the waterfall.

deep thoughts
Had deep conversations about nature.


We also spent some time checking out the town, hanging in the yard and just relaxing in general.

Then to top it off we thought Emily would really enjoy going to a graduation ceremony (because who doesn't love to attend high school graduation ceremonies?). So we all headed to the event's center and watched Sam graduate. Emily and I entertained ourselves with invented games (they were really awesome game like find the best last name of a graduate---we settled on McCool).

E and C at graduation
Eric and Cordelia at Sam's graduation

the gang at graduation
The crew

Graduatin'
Sam is on the end

When the time finally came it was all about Sam! I pushed my way as close as I could get and kept myself from screaming his name. I did give him a loud WOOOOO. I will also admit to blinking back some tears as my brother made his way across the stage, but I did not officially cry!

Graduatin'
Sam is nearest

We came home later in the evening. Eric had a KB moment (wait until tomorrow) and we spent the rest of the evening relaxing.

I have had a wonderful weekend with Emily and my crew! What have you been up to?

8 comments:

affectioknit said...

What an awesome visit! and congratulations to Sam!

Megan said...

Congrats to your brother on his graduation. My "baby" brother graduates from high-school next month and I promise you I will cry. Ha!

Rachel said...

I love it: Emily of Bananas and Bees!!

AKM said...

Congrats to Sam! Your part of the country is GORGEOUS. I'm totally moving West. Period.

I had a busy birthday weekend...lots of fun, and not nearly long enough. :-)

elizabeth said...

so glad you had fun with emily! there are some blog friends i would like to meet in real life, too.

i sewed and sewed and we went to an air museum and watched clouds and listened to rain . . .
and i posted a giveaway! :) come visit my blog. :)

Susan S said...

I also enjoyed meeting Emily. You two seemed like sisters!

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

wow, what a beautiful scene! congrats to your brother, looks like everything went smoothly :)

sophie said...

Wow, those nature shots are insanely beautiful! The rocks and the water, what an amazing contrast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...