Saturday, July 2, 2011

Friday

Friday started a little crazy. I had set the alarm, but of course I didn't sleep in to hear it go off. I was up and going pretty early. The rest of the house was going early too. I was dressed. Bode was dropped off for dog sitting. There was chaos. There was some toast and juice and then I was out the door, driving toward the mountain. I chuckled to myself as I thought, "Hurry up and relax!"

jess
Jess

I met up with my friend Jess at the base of the mountain. We hiked, we chatted, it was so gorgeous! The temperature was perfect. The birds were singing, the flowers were blooming and the conversation flowed easily. Couldn't ask for a better start to the day!

purple flower

cliffs of insanity

bee

split rock

white flowers

the view

flowers

rocks

I came home and Eric told me a woeful tale about a previously eaten plastic bag that Bode had given new life to if you get my drift (read the next part in a whisper...poop story).

Eric, Cordelia and I visited a new thrift store later in the morning. I got this saucy vintage mixer and a retro red and white Avon dress. I may have to wear the dress on the 4th.

mixer
Vintage Mixer

avon dress
Red and white dress

After lunch I went for a drive and talk with Sam. We have coffee and drive around as Cordelia usually snoozes (bored by conversation that doesn't involved water or planes), we check out areas of our community that normally go unnoticed.

The rest of the day was dedicated to normal activities: weeding, planting, bathing a girl, cleaning, etc.

How did you spend your Friday?

2 comments:

Nicole Justice-Kleemann said...

Wow, stunning photos! And I love the dress. :)

Emily said...

What a fun day! The dress is amazing. You have to wear it on the fourth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...