Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holiday: The 4th

How was your 4th of July, if you celebrate---or not?

We had a really mellow day. There were walks, a drive, some conversation. We were watching Bode again yesterday and, in an attempt to exhaust him, I took both dogs on a long walk. I succeeded in exhausting Bumblebee and at least taking the edge off of Bode's unbridled enthusiasm.

I started to get Cordelia and I all dressed up in theme colors, but she puked. Then Bode ate half a plastic flag (something to look forward to later). I kind of just gave up at that point and decided to focus my energy on dinner and festivities. Eric kept the spirit alive with his shirt...check it out!

shirt


Eric set up the grill and we broke out some veggie dogs and other holiday appropriate food. We had a lovely meal in the backyard, the sound of tiny fireworks going off throughout the surrounding neighborhood.

red white and fruit

oh yeah

a meal

dinner

cob

dinner

We went down to the ball field/park to await the fireworks. Cordelia happily played at the "Tot Lot" for quite some time, before we started watching the [drunk] cowboys light fireworks in the tall grass...sort of a pre-show.

swinging

evening stroll

fireworks
We ended the night with the traditional fireworks. Cordelia was pretty tired at that point so she asked a gazillion questions to keep herself awake, it was kind of adorably insane.

We got into the long line to leave and Cordelia was out before the first stoplight. Originally we had planned to watch Independence Day, but it was late. So we called it a night and went to bed!

What was your day like?

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Sounds great! I went to a parade, BBQ and fireworks. I thought of you at the parade as our local weatherman was in it! Pic to come on my blog soon.

Kate said...

I laughed throughout this whole post. Loved the pictures, but my fave was the drunken cowboys. Classic.

affectioknit said...

Sounds wonderfully much like ours...

Emily said...

Looks like a great day! Minus the puking. :)

Helena said...

Great T-shirt! And delicious corn. Love it. Your girl has grown so much since I last visited here. :) Been busy and away... Actually in US.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...