Saturday, August 27, 2011

Future Night!

Yesterday started out normal enough, almost too normal. Early afternoon we found ourselves at the mall (boo) as Cordelia played in the play area (germ pit) as it was too hot to visit a park. Eric and I were on the brink of boredom when one of us suggested that we have a theme night. Eric and I love to have "theme nights" (see here ). We quickly settled on a theme of FUTURE NIGHT. A decision was made and we spent the rest of the day in preparation.

I settled on a "futuristic" dinner of Thai peanut wraps. We got ourselves dressed up in future gear. Cordelia even joined in on the fun.

futurecandm


futureericsmall
Eric told me that he had channeled the spirit of a futuristic rebel warrior for his costume. Please note the way that my mister shaved his beard. Half a beard and half a mustache (he was really committed to future night).


futuremaria
I went for futuristic evening wear.

Not to break the illusion or anything, but interestingly enough we were both wearing elements of our prom clothes. My romper is half of a 1920s evening gown. Eric turned my prom wrap inside out, tied a ribbon around it and wore it as a rebel shirt. He is also wearing his prom pants. Anyway...

We were really impressed by ourselves. We had our futuristic dinner. We rocked some future music. Then we watched Starship Troopers, which interestingly enough was partially filmed in Wyoming!

At the end of the night Eric had to fix his facial hair, but not without a little fun. He came downstairs, after shaving, with only half a mustache. He stood in profile with the mustache half and gave me a glimpse of the past (1980s). Then he gave me a profile view of the mustache-less side, letting me see the present. Finally he faced me directly with one half of a mustache and said, "The FUTURE."

Do you have theme nights? What themes do you have?


10 comments:

Roxee said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! You make family memories that will last forever. Keep it up, there are many couples who just don't don't see beyond the typical family atmosphere, obviously you don't go with the flow! CONGRATULATIONS!

Susan S said...

Ha Ha Ha!

Carmen said...

You guys have so much fun I love it :)

Court said...

You guys are so cute! We are too monumentally lazy to have theme nights but it looks like so much fun I think I'll live vicariously through you!

Kirsten said...

Halarious! Cordelia will have the best imagination:)

Stacy said...

Theme nights are fun! And much better than my night last night....

Kate said...

I adore this. Past the Dork Forest is a land of cool.

Emily said...

Ha! Eric's half-mustache/beard is hilarious. And kudos on your hairdo. Very futuristic! :)

Veggie Tales said...

Too awesome.

elizabeth said...

i LOVE eric's facial hair contribution :) and your eye make-up!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...