Tuesday, August 9, 2011

She's So Unusual

Cordelia has an interesting way of playing. She really likes to line things up. Yep, that is it. She will take her toys and line them up, then move them to another spot to line them up. This will go on for quite some time. Yesterday she added another element, she asked Eric to take her picture as she lines things up...so here you have it.

Smiling with friends
Yes, we do occasionally brush her hair in case you were wondering--just obviously not for pictures

Fake smile
She gathered some more of her "buddies" and put on her best fake smile.

IMG_8800
Lining them up in a new location

IMG_8803
Upset that they won't line up correctly

IMG_8805
Some more "buddies"

IMG_8808
Careful arrangement

IMG_8812
Ready for the next shot, too tired to fake a smile

IMG_8816
Sweet Bumblebee

This is just one of her many little eccentricities that we find so very entertaining. Do your kids/animals/friends/yourself have any eccentricities that you care to share?

10 comments:

Stacy said...

Cute!

Rosy felt the need to roll around on the tile floor at the vets today after they drew blood and expressed some things (she'd prefer I don't talk it). Usually she reserves that rolling around for carpet but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures....

Kate said...

One of my husband's degrees is Anthropology...he'd get such a kick out of watching her do that. Categorization by humans is normal and necessary {I'm told.}

Kate Ware said...

Or, it could just be OCD, showing early. LOL! (Speaking from experience -- mine!) I love her laughing look in the first picture -- and what a great photo of Bum!! They are both so sweet. You are blessed!

sara said...

so cute. i love her super serious expression while lining them up.

right now livi is obsessed with opening and closing doors. she gets mad if we forget and close a door, because she is the only one who is allowed to close that door!

singlemama said...

now that you make me think about it, my little boy always plays lying on the floor in his bedroom.

children are so amazing...

Nicole Justice-Kleemann said...

I love her cute little cheeks when she smiles! My nephew plays the same way. Its so neat. Now he really likes trains which naturally line up!

AKM said...

You might have a Type-A on your hands! Or a librarian! Or both! Ha.

Very cute pictures. I giggled a little at her dismay at them not lining up...not because I'm mean, but because I'm the same way. ;-)

elizabeth said...

my girl used to line up all her things too. :) i have pictures so similar to these . . .

your little miss c sure brings back fun memories for me.

thank you for sharing her with us.

Jus Wing It said...

my now 31 yo son used to do this too..he is very artistic & very math minded.. home school was easy for him because he had this perfection quality..once I learned to get out of his way anyhow...you have an artist in the makings I think...she is an organizer & that matters in arithmetic ~she's going to be a great laundry sorter! more practice~ yahoo

Jus Wing It said...

my now 31 yo son used to do this too..he is very artistic & very math minded.. home school was easy for him because he had this perfection quality..once I learned to get out of his way anyhow...you have an artist in the makings I think...she is an organizer & that matters in arithmetic ~she's going to be a great laundry sorter! more practice~ yahoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...