Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bumblebee Update

After the vet

Well, I want to start this post off by saying that Bumblebee is doing well. She had a nasty infection (the doctor gave me waaaay to many details, using words like cottage cheese and curdled milk) in a cyst. The whole thing started suddenly last night. Bumblebee had trouble walking and when I patted her side she had some intense pain. This morning things were worse with the addition of a high fever and the shakes. So the vet saw us right away.

I left Bumblebee in their care when it became clear that she would need a little surgery. A short time later I got word (and too many details) that all was well. I had been terrified that it was cancer, so thankfully it was just an infection. Phew.

When Cordelia and I went to pick her up from the vet she kept asking, "Gonna go and pick up my daughter." Then the vet had to show me how to care for the rather large wound. When he was wrapping it with pink tape Cordelia was thrilled that Bumblebee got to wear a pink "scarf."

So we are home and Bee is resting. I know some of you feel as though you know Bumblebee well, some of you love her even though you've never met her (some of you use her picture as a screen saver). I didn't want to keep you in the dark. She will be OK!

10 comments:

affectioknit said...

Oh the relief...hoping the recovery goes well...

Blessings and Peace be with you...

Stacy said...

I'm glad Bumblebee will be okay. It's scary when our babies - including the fur babies - aren't feeling well.

Aimee B said...

So glad that all went well! Our four-leggers are family, so I understand the feelings well! Happy Healing!

Roxee said...

Glad she is back home and it must have been a relief to find out it wasn't cancer. Two of our dogs had to be put down because of cancer. One in the mouth and the other in the foot. This stuff spreads like wildfire!Not fun at all! Glad she got to wear the pink "scarf"! She looks like a princess....

Kate W. said...

SO glad to hear that Bee is okay!! Give her tender hugs from us and lovingkindness for quick healing!

Anonymous said...

Poor bumblebee , My five dogs and myself in France send get well soon greetings . I am sure Cordelia will be an excellent nurse

Kirsten said...

Happy to hear that bumblebee is all good.

elizabeth said...

glad your bee is home safe and sound. :)

Emily said...

Poor Bum! Rest up and let nurse Cordy (and Mom) take good care of you!

Kate said...

How awful! Darling pic of her and the wee one, though. "My daughter", lol! Classic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...