Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thrifty Finds

Late yesterday morning as Erin, Cordelia and I were preparing to leave for an outing my mother texted and offered to watch Cordelia so we could thrift to our heart's content. I took her up on the sweet offer and we hustled over to my mother's house.

When we arrived the carpet guy was there, Bode was going insane. I saw him actually jump up and down with all four feet into the air---like a dog pogo stick. There was barking, and shuffling, and carpet ripping. I asked my mother if she would prefer that we wait until things settled down before heading on our way. She assured me that she had it under control. So I left, feeling a bit guilty about skipping out on the pandemonium. A short while later I was sent a picture of Cordelia happily jumping on their trampoline. My mom had it all under control, of course she did.

So, Erin and I were free to thrift. We took our time. We had coffee. We ate lunch at a cute little shop. We had a wonderful, distraction free, conversation. I was so happy to just enjoy my beautiful cousin/dear friend. We ended our excursion with some new treasures, both of us showing major restraint on purchases that had no function. Here are the treasures that I gathered.


cardigan
A sweet mustard-y cardigan

containers
A few containers with various destinations in my home, from craft room to kitchen.

belt
A much needed brown belt

necklaces
Great necklaces!

vase
A sweet sea-foam bud vase. I love the four handles..

Not shown: vintage cards, Eric's entry into the bad art show (more on that in the weeks to come).

Have you had any good thrifty finds lately?

3 comments:

Susan said...

I can't wait to see Eric's entry...maybe I will like it also!

Victoria said...

Ohhh, we went thrifting too! I found some great ceramics for my mosaics and a wonderful wooden tray. I love trays and they tend to be so pricy..this was a steal!

AKM said...

I haven't been lately, much to the consternation of my mother. (She LOVES to hit Goodwill!) We have a WONDERFUL Goodwill here in this college town and there are always awesome finds to be had.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...