You've been gone for almost a week and you will be home today! We are so excited to see you, but I thought I would get you (and everyone else) caught up on a few things that you missed while you were gone.
- Cordelia asked me to give her some wings so she could fly up to the sun. When I told her that the sun was really hot she decided that she would just go ahead and jump up real high to get to the moon.
- My morning opera. You know you missed it. For those of you that don't know, I tend to sing nonsensical opera in the mornings.
- A couple of meetings about our art project for next week (more on that soon). Hopefully that will go smoothly.
- I got us a couple of succulent plants. Every year when the garden reaches its end I inevitably adopt plants to add some life to the house. I abstained from buying the plants that looked diseased or on the brink of death---I am notorious for doing this (tender heart) and then infecting our house with a gnat infestation or infecting our other plants with something. Cordelia laughs at these new plants, not sure why.
- Many strange meals. Apparently I cook with you in mind. When you are gone I just scavenge for food that will meet my nutritional needs, not necessarily something that resembles a meal.
- I took the fastest showers in the world while Cordelia slept. I kept thinking I could hear her calling to me over the sound of the running water, so I hustled. Seriously a new record was certainly set.
- Every time Cordelia spotted a plane she would point to it and say, "There's daddy." Apparently she didn't quite understand the situation.
- You missed too many tea parties to count.
- You missed raking the leaves....suspiciously.
- You were just missed.
So, hop on that plan in California. Give the Burts a hug from us all and get home. We miss you!