Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Amusing Ourselves

Yesterday we were thrifting and came upon two treasures. The first was this very old, very tiny piano. The keys make such a pleasant sound, generally modern toy pianos grate on my nerves, but this one is nice! Cordelia was absolutely enchanted.

img_2403

img_2397

img_2399

img_2398

img_2408

While at the thrift store Eric spotted a childhood treasure of his own, Nintendo NES---still in the box. Did you have one when you were a kid?

img_2410

img_2420

Needless to say, we were all amused.

9 comments:

Victoria said...

I LOVE the sound of a toy piano! Eric needs to use it in his work :) I used to have one and wish I still had it. Have a great day!

Susan said...

I love Cordy's sweet little hands!

And Eric, once a little boy always a little boy!

Kate said...

I'm pretty sure I adore your daughter. Darlingness!

Keia said...

What great finds! The hubs still has his NES from way back when. We still love dr. mario :)

Roxanne said...

When I was a kid, we had a nintendo and a coleco. Both are long gone!

AKM said...

Aww, tiny hands on a tiny keyboard!

Yep, we had a Nintendo NES...LOTS of hours were spent playing Mario (brother) and Tetris (Me).

wherethereisjoy said...

What a great piano! I love old instruments like that.

(by the way, have moved. am now at wherethereisjoy.wordpress.com)

Nicole Elizabeth said...

Very cool old piano! I love my old childhood toys!

Elizabeth said...

oh - that tiny piano! i wish i could hear it!

and have you listened to _happy little pea_ on vimeo? the toy keyboard? yes - i was thinking that miss c should add her piano to some music making . . .

also - i never had that nintendo - but some friends did - i remember playing it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...