Monday, December 12, 2011

From the Hospital

I know I am late in posting today. I have good reason. Yesterday Cordelia was hit with another blast of whatever mystery illness she has been intermittently struggling with for the past couple of weeks. Things deteriorated and we found ourselves in the ER.

In the ER last night

Later we went home with the mystery still unsolved. She seemed to be doing better and then suddenly she wasn't, so we came back to the hospital. She was admitted and testing has begun. Probably this will be one of those mystery illnesses of childhood. We will be here for another night as they continue to monitor her and run some tests.

Just so you aren't too worried she is still being her silly self. A few minutes ago she asked me if we could make cookies. She also keeps trying to drink from her iv because she thinks it is like a big straw. Not to worry, this could be much worse. We are just thankful to be in a time and place where she can receive the help she needs.

16 comments:

Roxanne said...

So sorry to hear! Hope the doctors find out something and it's "zappable"!

AKM said...

Oh no! I hope she's feeling better soon! :-(

sara said...

poor little girl, i hope they figure out what's going on and let you go home soon. i'll be thinking of you guys.

sara said...

poor little girl, i hope they quickly figure out what's going on and let you go home. i'll be thinking of you guys.

Kate said...

Poor precious. We're rooting for her.

Clare in CA said...

You sound like you have a good handle on things. I remember when my older child was in Kindergarten or so, she had a virus, that, as soon as we though she was well, she would throw up again. She threw up at school three times, I think, and they even wanted to consult the school psychologist! However after the virus had run it's course, I think almost 3 weeks of unexpected "surprises", she was right as rain. That poor school janitor probably still remembers her though..I will say a little prayer for solved mysteries and your girl sparkling with health again!

Kate W. said...

Sending lots of lovingkindness and prayers Cordy's way!! Keep us posted.

sophie said...

Thinking of you all. I hope she's not going too batty in there, hospital can be boring! Wishing sweet Cordelia a speedy recovery!!

Paisley said...

Sending healing thoughts her way.
paisley

Rachel said...

Glad she is still her silly self! Hope this mystery is solved soon and with no harm done!!

Carmen said...

Been thinking of you guys and Cordelia. Hoping that you are back at home now and she is on the upswing.

junko said...

Poor little lady! It's so hard on my heart when my baby is sick...I cant imagine how you guys must be feeling! But good to know she is still in good spirits. You are an amazing Mama and this too shall pass. Sending you lots of love!

Victoria said...

Very few things in life harder on a mom and dad then not knowing why your child is ill. M and I are sending lots of love and light your way for quick healing for Cordelia and rest for you and E.K. xo

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

You are both in my thoughts and prayers. <3

Roxanne said...

Tuesday morning 8:00ish, just checking in to see if you're home yet...

affectioknit said...

Bless her heart...I hope she feels better soon...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...