Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Vintage Vegan

The other day I was checking out my friend Sarah's online shop, aptly named Sarah's Place. Have you seen it? Click here to check it out !She sells a variety of vegan goodies and vintage finds. While I was checking out the newest goodies on her shop I stumbled upon the adorable shirt you see below and it was love at first sight.

Ahoy

I mean look at it! When I showed it to Cordelia she exclaimed, "Oh! (Gasp) That's a cute sweater! Can I wear it?"

Anchor's away

I love dressing my girl in vintage clothes for many reasons. First is that it is nice to recycle perfectly wonderful clothing instead of buying new stuff. Second, it is so great to have a kid with their own individual style, rather than the standard outfits sold at the local big box stores. Finally, it is great to support a small business. Do you thrift or buy vintage?

Also, just in case you haven't heard, Sarah is also a vegan cookbook author. I highly recommend her books! All are available from her shop or pretty much anywhere.

8 comments:

Roxanne said...

I go to second hand stores all the time, here they are called "Value Village" or "Salvation Army" We have a "St.Vincent de Paul" and I think a "Goodwill" store.
I only go to Zellers to buy underwear and socks, which I always buy brand new...

Kate W. said...

So cute!! Now all she needs is a sailboat! :) Love the little skirt, too, with the ruffles, and her curly pigtails. She is a doll!

sara said...

i love that little sweater! cordelia looks so cute in it. i love thrift stores.

Sunjo said...

Sooo cute. I'm a vegan addicted to thrifting too. Just discovered your blog and I love it. I just started one, check it out!

Carmen said...

Victoria BC! I'm going next time we are there :)

Victoria said...

Oh how cute! Yes! I do and I hope to be selling vintage soooooon!!!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness! She is so cute it is all I can do to keep from running over there right now, plucking her out of her cute "big girl" bed and holding her close. Is that too weird? I missed her today!

sophie said...

I love that whole outfit, pigtails to mary janes! SO, SO, SO cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...