Thursday, April 19, 2012

Birthday Review...and some Weird Family Photos

Yesterday was a wonderful day. We have a family joke about my birthdays, because they often fall on weird days---where we are traveling or moving. However, this year we were home and it was just wonderful and mellow. A perfect day for this gal.

I started off the morning with a doctor's visit. All is well with baby #2. She is growing and measuring exactly on track. Eric and Cordelia even got to come along for this visit so it was a family affair.

lily

I did some work in the afternoon while Cordelia napped, lesson planning and such. Then Eric came home with a peace lily. He had gone to a local greenhouse and searched and talked to staff until he found what seemed to be a perfect plant for me. I haven't had one in years, but I do love them.

tagine

I received a package from my brother and sister-in-law, a gorgeous tagine! Then I got to speak briefly with Ben on the phone. I miss my brother. He lives too far away.

Later we went to my parent's house and had pizza and green (my favorite color) cupcakes with my crew, my mother and Sam. We opened presents---I really scored! Lots of green growing things!!! I can't wait to get out to the yard today.

Unfortunately, my father was out of town...and we missed him. Actually, things got weird. Somehow we started discussing my father's penchant for wearing denim and his orange Case Hat. Well, then Eric thought it might be funny to dress their dog Bode in his clothes.

Bode
Bode proved challenging to photograph, but by that point we were all in. One thing led to the next and soon my weird family all took photos (with the cell phone camera, excuse the low image quality) in my dad's coat and hat....sending them to his phone one after the next.

Mom
My mother was the first to really get in on the action.

Bumblebee
Bumblebee in the outfit. She is used to being humiliated in this manner.

Sam
Sam, striking a pose

Cordelia
Cordelia thought it was the best thing ever

Eric
Eric struck this pose. Yep, that's the man I married.

Me
Baby number 2 and I chose a classier pose.

After that we decided it was best to part ways for the day. So I brought my crew back home. Cordelia went to bed easily and Eric and I watched a movie and spent a little time together chatting, before I passed out like the tired pregnant lady I am.

Soooo, that was kind of how my birthday went and I couldn't have asked for a better day.

10 comments:

Carmen said...

This post made me smile. I particularly love Cordelia in the outfit lol.

affectioknit said...

Very nice!

Wishing you a lovely day today too!

Anne Marie said...

Love it!

Michelle said...

Loved the photos--thanks for the chuckle!

Kate said...

That. Was funny. I want a tagine so much Almost got one for Christmas, but the Mister and I chose not to exchange gifts this year, electing to buy water and cows for villages instead. Would you post your dinners with that! So i can live vicariously through you! I'm glad you had a lovely day!

Roxanne said...

It's so nice you included your dad in the celebrations! Hope the day was everything you hoped it was. Looked like you had great fun!

Purrfect Haven said...

thanks for visiting us. We had a very amusing time visiting you, especially this post - made us laugh a lot! Helen , Darcy and Bingley xxx

lovekudzu said...

That sounds absolutely lovely! Happy belated birthday!

Emily said...

Looks like a wonderful day! I just want to say in response to your pose...Peace out and word to your mother. :)

Court said...

You guys have so much fun it makes me have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...