Did you know....
- My father is a little crazy about the Cardinals. He has been a loyal follower for most of his life. I am certain that all of the Cardinal team members are celebrating his birthday today as well....he is their biggest fan.
- He works tirelessly for others. Seriously I have no idea how he does it. He is a pastor and people have need for him around the clock. He is always there for them and he never makes others feel like they are pressing in on his time.
- On top of his work he is always there for his family. For instance, last night we were over at their house when he got home from a very long day of work (it was after 8pm and he had left before 7am). I imagine that he wanted to just lay down and sleep, but instead he ran around with Cordelia (who should have been asleep--what were her parents thinking?). They played full force until we made them wrap it up. He always makes time, even when he is exhausted.
- For recreation he golfs. He loves golf and has for as long as I can remember. When spring arrives and that first kind of warm day reveals itself you can bet he is out on the golf course.
- He also bowls. I think this was something he started doing to hang out with Eric, but he has proven to have a bit of a hidden talent. I think Eric will have him in a league before too long.
- He doesn't demand attention, but you can't help but give it to him. He is one of those people who garners respect from pretty much everyone who crosses his path.
- He is a genuinely good person. Trust me I know and I have put that goodness to the test (in my teen years people). He works endlessly to improve himself and put his faith to use.
- He is funny, really hilarious. He goes to great and absurd lengths to make people laugh. He is simultaneously witty and ridiculous.
- He is the best father I can imagine and Cordelia can attest to his grandfathering abilities. When he is in the room Cordelia is happiest.
Happy birthday Dad! I love you so much. It is an absolute gift and honor to be your daughter.