Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rock Out

Yesterday was my father's birthday and we really got to celebrate. First we met up with him for a little party at the church, his place of employ. Later we celebrated with cupcakes at my parent's house, then out to dinner. Finally we ended the evening at a concert. Eric's band was having a show at a local coffee shop and we all attended.

Cordelia was really excited to watch her daddy "rock out." The turn out was really good and people seemed to enjoy the show a great deal. Cordelia had a good time for the duration of the set. She is such a music lover. She and I retreated a bit as the music grew louder, just to protect those precious little ears (hers too).

the venue
The venue

poster
Eric's band is called The Blots

sam
My youngest brother, Sam

the blots
The show. Look how everyone is seated in a civilized manner---this is what happens when you don't have a show in a bar!

My parents
Cordelia and my parents watching the show.

eric drumming
My hunk, drumming

Cordelia and dad
Cordelia, enjoying a moment with her Grandfather.

Overall it was a wonderful day. How was your day?

2 comments:

Purrfect Haven said...

thanks for visiting us. Rocking out over at your place looks GREAT... Helen, Darcy and Bingley xx

Court said...

We got an unexpected visit with my dad too! Poor Kaiya didn't enjoy it much though as she was sick, boo. The poor kid was begging me for a nap! I almost took her to the hospital because what kid begs for a nap, certainly not mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...