Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Vegan Recipe: Rustic Fruit Muffins


I like muffins. Do you? How about some rustic vegan muffins? Oh yeah! 

muffin close

Ingredients
¼ C. vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp. EnerG Egg Replacer + 2 Tbs. warm water or equivalent to 1 egg
3/4- 1 c. soy milk  (this depends on the juiciness of the fruit you use. Put 3/4 c. in and add the rest if it looks too dry)
1 tsp. Vanilla
2tsp. Baking powder
½ tsp. Salt
½ c. sugar
1 ¾ c. flour
1 c. chopped strawberries, blueberries, whatever

 Directions
Preheat oven to 375° F.  Combine wet ingredients and whisk. Combine dry ingredients and mix. Add strawberries to the dry ingredients, until coated. Add the wet ingredients and mix together, the mixture will be thick. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, place spoonfuls into a muffin tin lined with cupcake papers or lightly oiled. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Eat.

muffins

7 comments:

affectioknit said...

YUM!

~Have a lovely day!

Victoria said...

Loving the simplicity of these! Gosh, how will you resist!!? xo

Emily said...

I have fresh strawberries in my fridge now, so guess what's for breakfast tomorrow? :)

Roxanne said...

So do I.... have fresh strawberries! And raspberries and blueberries... my mom bought them, on sale, 3 for $5 and gave me one of each!

sara said...

looks good! and berries are cheap now. the kids will like these for breakfast.

AKM said...

I need to pick up some fresh, local berries and make these. Good call.

AKM said...

Muffins are yummy, healthy, grab-and-go...so why do I never make them?! You may have inspired me. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...