Friday, June 15, 2012

Sunshine



I was nominated for the bloggy Sunshine Award by my blog friend Teresa of Affectionknit and The Vegan Version. Thank you!!! I haven't done one of these in quite some time and in the fast paced online world I think they are now kind of retro and I do enjoy them. Also, it is makes me feel nice.
Part of the Sunshine Award involves a little questionnaire of 10 favorite things. Truthfully I have trouble saying that anything is my favorite. However, for the sake of the award here are mine:

me

My list of favorites…you'll notice that it kind of breaks down and steers away from being a list of favorites in the middle there...it's free form I guess.

1. Favorite animal: On land my favorite animal is the gentle donkey. In the sea it is the manatee, how I desperately yearn for a tender manatee hug. In the sky my favorite animal is probably a Pegasus---please don't roll your eyes---the seven year old girl still lives inside of me and I don't dare remind her that the Pegasus is not real.
2. Favorite number: I love all numbers with equal fervor.
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Pink lemonade is the nectar of life. Seriously, hook it to my veins.
4. Facebook or Twitter:  I use Facebook a bit. Mostly I just make hilariously witty posts every few days. Oh and I use it to email friends who probably wouldn't appreciate super-long text messages.I don't tweet.
5. My passion: I don't really have a single passion or a favorite passion. I am passionate about being the best wife and mother I can be. I am passionate about maintaining and cultivating my relationships with family and friends. I am passionate about art. I am a lover of music, sadly not much of a maker. I have faith in something greater than myself and I feel passionate about that. I love reading and writing. I love nature. Of course animal right's and veganism are passions that I hold at the center of my being. Umm...I could keep going, I think the best way to look at it is that I have a passionate feeling about most everything.
6. Getting or giving: I think the easy and expected answer here is giving. I certainly feel most comfortable giving. However, getting or receiving something with grace is probably much more difficult and I admire people who do it well and I aspire to do the same, be it in the receiving of a gift/ time/attention/etc.
7. Favorite Pattern: Male pattern baldness. Oh you mean with sewing...I have never completely followed a pattern in my life.
8. Favorite day of the week: I don't have a normal work schedule, nor does my family, so I don't really have a specific day that is better than all of the others. I guess I love all of the days of the week.
9. Favorite flower:  Flowers are absolutely amazing to me. I really love the first dandelions, the tulips that come up through the snow, the heady scent of blooming lilacs, the rich fragrance of roses (plus we share a name), the delicate beauty of orchids, the cheerful nature of daffodils. Who can have a favorite?
10. Favorite country: I don't have a favorite country, that's weird.  While I do appreciate all that I have been given here in the U.S. I find the whole notion of patriotism to be rather limiting.

The final portion of the blog award is to nominate 10 others to receive it, but I don't like to choose favorites (in case you didn't notice) so I am nominating all of you. Please feel free to answer the questions in the comments or make your own post. I'd love to read a bit more about you.

5 comments:

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

congrats on your award! you definitely deserve it:)

Shari said...

Congrats on your award!!!

Roxanne said...

Thank you Maria Rose for asking each of us to participate in this questionnaire. I enjoyed answering them and will enjoy reading the others!
1. Favorite Animal - deer, more specifically the baby fawn, they are so "pretty". Actually the jersey cow looks like a deer too and we had one at the farm. I loved her to pieces!
2. Favorite Number - the number 4, I just like the way it looks and it's all of your fingers... the thumb is not a "finger".
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink - Chocolate milk, but since I started a plant-based way of eating... I haven't found a soy/almond/rice one that tastes like a dairy chocolate milk... oh well, I will survive.
4. Facebook/Twitter - I use Facebook a lot, I play the scrabble version (Lexolus) with 2 relatives and 2 online friends and keep up with all my other relatives this way. Twitter is only in use to keep up with another blogger/cookbook author. I sometimes tweetchat with her and others in plant-based discussions. I don't tweet personally.
5. Favorite Passion - My passions have been suppressed recently... and I do not allow myself to express these at the moment. My passions although are - drawing, writing, reading, being outside in an environment of pure nature... such as a forest or a field without seeing any human related objects (electrical wires overhead)
6. Getting or Giving - Both. I get by my mom, she is very generous, and I give to almost everybody...
7. Favorite Pattern - none, I don't sew or do any crafts at the moment. I have all the ideas in my head though for the near future.
8. Favorite day of the week - Wednesday, it's the middle of the week literally, 3 days before and 3 days after. This goes with my mentality that everything must match and be symmetrical Also I love "W" words. (Wimmer is a favorite of mine!)
9. Favorite Flower - Bleeding hearts. My dad and mom divorced when I was six and when I was 11 years old, my brother and I went to see him in Nova Scotia alone on a plane. He and I went on a walk one day and he showed me these flowers that I have never seen before and he explained that his heart was also bleeding because he missed my mom.
10. Favorite Country - I haven't been to any country except Canada and the U.S. So I can't really say.

affectioknit said...

That was fun! I enjoyed reading all your answers!

~Have a lovely day!

AKM said...

1. Favorite animal: My cat, Jackie.
2. Favorite number: Nine. It's my birthday/month put together, so it has nothing to do with my love for the Beatles.
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee. No...tea. No...Ski. No...Fitz's Cream Soda. Um...I think I'll pick coffee. With a Ski chaser. 4. Facebook or Twitter: I'm on FB a lot. I have a Twitter account, but I never use it.
5. My passion: Helping others. Reading. Thinking about connectedness. Collecting facts and trivia. Learning at least a little bit about EVERYTHING.
6. Getting or giving: Giving. Getting actually makes me somewhat uncomfortable. I don't know why.
7. Favorite Pattern: I don't sew/knit/anything else like that, but I like Black Watch Plaid. Preferably from L.L. Bean.
8. Favorite day of the week: Hmm. Thursdays are good. I like Wednesdays, too, like Roxanne, for the same reasons. Balance!
9. Favorite flower: Calla lilies, any kind of lilies, roses, carnations, and lilacs (from growing up in TN). Fun AKM fact: I don't like most things that are orange -- unlike your mom! -- but I LOVE orange flowers. Go figure. And yeah, it's hard to pick just one.
10. Favorite country: The US, I guess. Limited frame of reference due to limited travels. I suspect I would adore Italy and Greece, though. And the U.K. and Ireland.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...