Friday, June 15, 2012
I was nominated for the bloggy Sunshine Award by my blog friend Teresa of Affectionknit and The Vegan Version. Thank you!!! I haven't done one of these in quite some time and in the fast paced online world I think they are now kind of retro and I do enjoy them. Also, it is makes me feel nice.
Part of the Sunshine Award involves a little questionnaire of 10 favorite things. Truthfully I have trouble saying that anything is my favorite. However, for the sake of the award here are mine:
My list of favorites…you'll notice that it kind of breaks down and steers away from being a list of favorites in the middle there...it's free form I guess.
1. Favorite animal: On land my favorite animal is the gentle donkey. In the sea it is the manatee, how I desperately yearn for a tender manatee hug. In the sky my favorite animal is probably a Pegasus---please don't roll your eyes---the seven year old girl still lives inside of me and I don't dare remind her that the Pegasus is not real.
2. Favorite number: I love all numbers with equal fervor.
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Pink lemonade is the nectar of life. Seriously, hook it to my veins.
4. Facebook or Twitter: I use Facebook a bit. Mostly I just make hilariously witty posts every few days. Oh and I use it to email friends who probably wouldn't appreciate super-long text messages.I don't tweet.
5. My passion: I don't really have a single passion or a favorite passion. I am passionate about being the best wife and mother I can be. I am passionate about maintaining and cultivating my relationships with family and friends. I am passionate about art. I am a lover of music, sadly not much of a maker. I have faith in something greater than myself and I feel passionate about that. I love reading and writing. I love nature. Of course animal right's and veganism are passions that I hold at the center of my being. Umm...I could keep going, I think the best way to look at it is that I have a passionate feeling about most everything.
6. Getting or giving: I think the easy and expected answer here is giving. I certainly feel most comfortable giving. However, getting or receiving something with grace is probably much more difficult and I admire people who do it well and I aspire to do the same, be it in the receiving of a gift/ time/attention/etc.
7. Favorite Pattern: Male pattern baldness. Oh you mean with sewing...I have never completely followed a pattern in my life.
8. Favorite day of the week: I don't have a normal work schedule, nor does my family, so I don't really have a specific day that is better than all of the others. I guess I love all of the days of the week.
9. Favorite flower: Flowers are absolutely amazing to me. I really love the first dandelions, the tulips that come up through the snow, the heady scent of blooming lilacs, the rich fragrance of roses (plus we share a name), the delicate beauty of orchids, the cheerful nature of daffodils. Who can have a favorite?
10. Favorite country: I don't have a favorite country, that's weird. While I do appreciate all that I have been given here in the U.S. I find the whole notion of patriotism to be rather limiting.
The final portion of the blog award is to nominate 10 others to receive it, but I don't like to choose favorites (in case you didn't notice) so I am nominating all of you. Please feel free to answer the questions in the comments or make your own post. I'd love to read a bit more about you.