Monday, August 20, 2012

Easy Street

We are about halfway to easy street by my count. Elise is close to sleeping through the night; which is a total dream come true at six weeks! Cordelia seems to be pretty much used to sharing the spotlight. She now asks, "Can I have some attention please?"--kind of funny as she is saturated with overcompensated attention. The colic situation is gradually improving and we are feeling much more confident juggling two little ladies.

2

Then this morning it happened, something I have been dreaming about for ages, the girls interacted in a way that will soon evolve into actual play! Cordelia poured out all of the little baby toys and started playing with them in front of Elise who was active and engaged: tracking Cordelia's every move, protesting when she couldn't see the action and generally kicking and flailing with interest. Cordelia was beyond thrilled to get any response from her sister who, up until this point, has been capable of brief smiles at best.

1

If you don't have kids you may be thinking, "Uh, yeah, so what?" Let me tell you what this means to me. My children are on the track to entertaining themselves, sort of like a self-cleaning oven. I pretty much get to sit back and let this car drive itself...right? I am pretty confident that Cordelia will potty train her sister and learn to pay bills. So we are all set.

10 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Cordelia potty training her sister and paying bills...love it!! :o)

affectioknit said...

Sisters are just AWESOME!

~Have a lovely day!

Susan said...

Yep, I am certain that is how it will go for you.

Bettina said...

Haha love the self cleaning oven comment. And can I just say I am hugely jealous she is almost sleeping through at 6 weeks!

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

aww, that photo of your girls is just precious! what a good big sister:)

Soley said...

yep, you're home free now. Just sit back and enjoy the show ;) .

Victoria said...

Just wait until they can make their own peanut butter sandwich!

Stacy said...

So glad Cordelia is going to pay the bills!! But seriously, that's great... awesome to see them interact like that!

Hello Lindello said...

so sweet. these two are going to be so close!

AKM said...

Literally laughed out loud at the potty training/paying bills. A girl can hope, right?

That first picture was PRECIOUS. I gasped, I was so touched. So cool that they're bonding so well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...