We passed the 4 week mark on Tuesday, but the10th marks one month with Elise. Over the course of the past month she has...
- surprised us with what appeared to be a semi-intentional roll over and subsequent nearly successful attempts.
- had her first smile and gives more as each day passes.
- battled what is probably a touch (doesn't always feel like a touch) of colic, poor girl. Fortunately this phase is slowly passing, thank goodness.
- shown great interest in her family. She loves to stare at us and physically reacts, wiggling and craning her neck, when her daddy returns from work.
- has taught us that even though one should "never, never shake a baby," a little intense and gentle jiggling of a baby can be miraculous.
- has given her mother only 2 rough nights of sleep. She currently averages 1 wake-up around 3am and then again at 6:30-7am...don't hate.
- proven that she is unique and very different from her sister, right from the start. We are so thrilled to get to know this girl on her own terms.
- shown us that there are some genetic commonalities that seem to be part of our family brand.
- seems undecided about whether or not she's going to keep her dark hair, but blue eyes seem to be imminent.
You may recall my due date giveaway. Well, 3 of you (Elissa, Katie O., and Victoria) all guessed the correct day, but Victoria was closest, guessing 9:30...only 13 minutes off! So Victoria, your box of goodies is well underway and will be heading to you soon!