- 7 peaches, skinned, pitted and sliced into 1/2 in. wedges.
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. vegan sugar, fine
- 7-8 Tbs cold vegan margarine(***See note in directions)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- EnerG Egg replacer for 1 egg (11/2 tsp replacer + 2 Tbs. warm water, mixed)
1. Preheat oven to 375F. In a bowl mix the corstarch, cinnamon, brown sugar. Add the peaches (when peeling the peaches boil them all for about 2 min, then drain and rinse with cold water to make peeling a breeze---good for tomato peeling too). Gently toss the peaches with the brown sugar mixture. Pour into the bottom of a 9x9 lightly greased baking dish.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the cold margarine. You can pulse in a food processor or go old school and use a pastry cutter....or be lazy like me and use a fork. (***it was a warm day when I made this and my margarine was not cool for long, so it ended up more like a batter than a crust...don't panic unless you are entertaining a culinary critic, chef, or a super snob it probably won't matter). Add the vanilla and egg replacer. Mix quickly if you are working cold.
3. Spoon the dough on top of the fruit. Do not spread it around. Bake about 40 minutes or until the dough turns golden. Eat warm with vegan ice cream, or not it's yours to do with as you like.