Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Interview of Cordelia

Today is off to a crazy start. I am running on 3 hours of sleep. Our preschooler was being nutty last night, would've been funny if it wasn't so late/early. I am feeling fairly good. I do pretty well with extreme sleep deprivation, until I don't. When I hit the sleep wall I will go into a state that can best be described as giggly-weepy, but I am not there yet.

The morning has been nothing short of a whirlwind.  Eric was out the door shortly before 8am. I managed to get myself and the girls all fed and dressed and the house picked up a bit before the plumber arrived to check out some leaky pipes. 

The plumber is currently upstairs "gaining access to our pipes," or as I call it, poking a hole in the wall. So I have decided that  this is the best possible moment for an interview with Cordelia. I don't mean to exclude Elise from the interview, but her ability to vocalize is currently limited to crying, "ahhh", and "ahhh goo."

So let's just proceed with the cutting edge interview shall we?

dance party
Photo of Cordelia and bff Sadie dancing at a street concert, taken by Sarah

M: How are you doing today?
C:Very Well
M:How old are you?
C: (whispered as though it's a secret) Two
M: What is your favorite color?
C: Pink! Pink! My favorite color is pink!
M: It will be your birthday pretty soon. What kind of presents do you want?
C: Hmmmm.I dunno know. (thinks) A new can?
M: Can of what?
C: Of cake silly
M:OK....what flavor of cake?
C: Pink!
M: (Changing subjects) So are you excited for preschool?
C: Uh huh
M: Why?
C: Because I love preschool.
M: What do you think you will do at preschool?
C: Hmmm.....play, just play.

(She tunes me out for a bit as she rolls around on the couch)

M: What do you like to do with Sadie?
C: I like to play with Sadie!
M: What kind of games do you like to play?
C: We're gonna play with our flashlights when it gets dark again!
M:What do you you want to do today?
C: How about play!

So there you have it folks kids like to play! You can take that to the bank.

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Love it! :o)

Unknown said...

This is a great idea! I may have to try it with Sadie. Cordy, we will definitely do flashlights again. That was great fun!

Emily said...

Preschool interviews are my fave. :)

Victoria said...

Indeed!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...