Monday, September 24, 2012

Kindness Bandit: Nice to be Nice

kb

Have you ever been complimented by a total stranger?Isn't it strange how that compliment can linger? I am not sure why compliments from strangers sometimes have more weight than compliments from those who know and love us. Perhaps it because the total stranger has no real reason for complimenting or perhaps it makes the compliment more powerful when someone overcomes social boundaries just to give the compliment. Who knows?

I try to give genuine compliments regularly, but this week I am stepping it up and I invite you to join me. I had my first outing of the day and compliments were given. I plan keep a lookout for opportunities to give sincere compliments freely all week and hopefully on into the future!

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

I give compliments regularly to total strangers and I always get a thank you. I can't imagine giving one and getting a sneer! They just brighten up the stranger's day and makes yours just a little bit sweeter...Just the other day, I saw a lady go into the store and she was wearing a totally cute outfit but the look on her sad face didn't match the colorful exciting shirt, pants and shoes, so I gushed out "I just love your outfit"! You should have seen her immediately light up like a Christmas tree! It's well worth it...

Melissa said...

This is a wonderful idea. I think giving out more compliments will be my goal for the week. A little bit of good karma never hurt.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Sarah Purdy said...

Challenge accepted! Great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...