Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Creating?

Over the years I have always just painted or crafted in small corners of the house or in the kitchen, cleaning up between sessions. I know this isn't the best option. Just ask my parents who had to remove the carpet in my high school bedroom, it was crusted with glues, paints, glitter and who knows how much turpentine that carpet absorbed (I was a sloppy teen). While I am much more together at this point in my life I still don't have a real space to work in.

painting

I have recently had some great, art related, opportunities. I have been a painting machine. I think that it might be time for studio space, the kitchen floor just isn't cutting it anymore.

Where do you create?

6 comments:

Kate said...

Kitchen, living room, bedroom, back yard, etc. Sigh. Someday I'll have my own space as well.

Roxanne said...

Where do I create? For now... no where... makes me sad. Gotta find some place soon!

Sarah Purdy said...

My current knitting projects are stuffed behind the couch when company comes and the rest of my glorious stash has been relegated to the basement. Boo. My husband, on the other hand, has an entire room devoted to his music hobby. Unfair, yes, but I don't want that room - it's lit-really crawling with spiders. (Parks & Rec...anyone?)

Emily said...

I use my dining room table for more artsy projects and my desk for writing projects. Mike would love to have a studio space for painting. One day, maybe!

Mom said...

Yes, you need studio space. Sacrifice the guest room?

Sarah Purdy said...

I agree with your mom. Guest room schmest room. Get a blow up mattress for the basement and call it good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...