Saturday, October 20, 2012

On Painting


Do you remember when I started painting lessons here? I started those about a week before I found out I was pregnant with Cordelia....needless to say I totally dropped the ball. I went through the exhausting 1st trimester, followed by leaving my job, moving to Casper, completing my MA, 2 more moves and another baby. I totally lost track of the canvas and by the time it turned up again I think it was well over 2 years later. So, I decided that perhaps I will give it a try again someday, but I just needed to use the canvas. I decided to transform the work and make it my own.

bouqet

P.S. The work is for sale if you're interested  in another like it just email me... maria  @ planetwimmer . com

bouqetdetail1

bouqetdetail2

I used a very loose brush stroke because I am trying to keep it loose as a painter. I am under the belief that this is my natural painterly state and I must embrace it. I already have two more paintings underway!

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

It's beautiful!

~Have a lovely day!

Sarah Purdy said...

Gorgeous! Congrats!

Susan said...

Dad and I would be delighted with such a gift for Christmas...hint, hint!

Roxanne said...

That is such a beautiful painting, I love the colors you used and I like your "painterly" style!

Anne Marie said...

Lovely!

dolly mixtures said...

What a story - well done on getting this done. The close ups of your brush strokes are beautiful :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...