Saturday, October 13, 2012

Vegan Recipe: Simple Autumn Veggies

While we were at the local health food store this week Cordelia spotted a gigantic head of organic purple cauliflower. She begged for it. Who was I to deny a girl cauliflower?

1

So I brought it home and decided it was the perfect time for a nice rustic autumn veggie meal. I cut up the cauliflower, a butternut squash, potato, onion, and garlic. I drizzled the whole lot with some quality olive oil and a little thyme. I popped it into the oven at 400 F and let them go for about 20 minutes and then I turned the veggies and popped them back into the oven for another 20 minutes or so (until the veggies were tender). I served them up with herbed pearled couscous and a simple salad of mixed baby greens.

3

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Purple is my favorite color and that cauliflower looks soooooo good!
Good choice Cordelia! Hope you liked it!

Sarah Purdy said...

Yum! Looks delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...