Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Productive

Eric and I have recently had several conversations  about our productivity with each other and with other parents. You see, there was a time before children. A time when I would wake up in the morning and roll around in my pajamas. I would watch the news, linger over coffee, check my emails at a leisurely pace and think of all that I would do over the course of the day.

While I admit that most of my adult life has been filled with setting and reaching goals I have come to realize that I totally wasted my time in the days before parenthood. I have no idea how I was able to just sit around and do nothing. What is that anyway? I have completely forgotten how to do nothing. I seem to recall, just a few short years ago, laying around and talking about doing things instead of actually doing them.

Now that I am a mother and busier than I could possibly imagine I have an incredibly high output in other areas. Before kids my day would include work, school, and then many empty hours. Oh sure I spent time with Eric and that was priceless. However, I didn't seem to get a lot accomplished. Now that Eric and I are parents something has changed. We seem to have gotten our poop in a group and there is truly no stopping us. I am busy beyond words. I never have been so productive in so many areas simultaneously.

e and c

Now if you'll excuse me I am off to continue painting the kitchen cabinets.


See, productive. How did this happen? What changed? Have you discovered the same of yourself?

1 comment:

Sarah Purdy said...

We have been so impressed with your level of productivity lately! Can't wait to see those cabinents!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...