Saturday, November 3, 2012

Project: Sun Art

I was at my local craft store hunting for something fun to do with Cordelia when I came across Sun Art (no they aren't paying me, so choose any brand you like). I grabbed it right up as it seemed like a simple, educational and fun craft.

You start off by gathering objects that have an interesting profile. We chose leaves and stuff from our front yard, but you could do any number of things.

like so

gathering bits

Next you pull out one sheet of the paper, careful not to expose the rest of the paper to light. Lay the paper on a flat surface, arrange your objects on top and cover with the blue acrylic that accompanies the paper.

setting acrylic

Leave it in direct sun, mind the shadows, for a few minutes.

waiting
Waiting...

Take it inside and rinse it off. Lay flat to dry.

sun art

Now you have some cool prints on paper. What do you do with it? Here are some of my ideas:
  • Frame it as is, looks good!
  • Make cards
  • Make gift wrap
  • Use as the back drop for more art
  • Decoupage
  • Put in art journal
  • Use for letter writing
Have you ever used sun art paper?

3 comments:

Susan said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

We got really, really, really into these a couple years ago. We ended when my husband used our rings. Can't beat that. I am re-inspired to get one again with BOTH my kids this time.

Anne Marie said...

That is so neat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...