Thursday, November 8, 2012

Vegan Recipe: French Toast

french toast

Ingredients
  • EnerG Egg Replacer, equivalent to 2 eggs ( 3 tsp powder + 4 Tbs. warm water)
  • 1/2 vegan milk, I used vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 4-6  slices thick cut french bread, a little crusty is better than fresh
  • Small amount of vegetable oil
Directions
  1. In a shallow dish (I use a pie pan) whisk up the egg replacer.
  2. Add the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and whisk.
  3. Warm a large skillet over medium high. Add a bit of oil to keep your french toast from sticking.
  4. Dip your bread into the mix, both sides. don't let it get soggy, just a quick even coat of the mixture.
  5. Place the slices into your large skillet and cook until golden brown, flipping halfway through (about 4 minutes on each side). Be patient or the middle will be mushy.
  6. Serve hot!
french toast

Don't forget to enter the giveaway, just scroll down to yesterday's post. The odds are good.

3 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

Mmm I love French toast. Sometimes I like to add a little maple syrup to the milk/egg mix - gives it a little sweetness and a nice caramelization on the bread. Also, orange zest is wonderful too (although my crew baulks at it). Lame-o's. We should do a slumber party or a Brinner party someday.

Kate said...

We like to add orange extract and zest, too! I did that for a friend's children, though, and they were appalled. Can't win 'em all!

affectioknit said...

YUM! I loved your giveaway idea too...I already have (a much older version) of the Ball canning book so I didn't enter...

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...