Friday, December 14, 2012

Project: Christmas Shopping with a 3 Year Old is Awesome

Yesterday I decided to take Cordelia Christmas shopping. We drove to the dollar store with one goal; I wanted Cordelia to pick out presents for her near relatives. I let her have free reign as she carefully selected items for each person on her list. Her choices were awesome!

When she had picked out gifts for everyone she wanted to get a few things for herself, but I said no. I swear I wasn't trying to be mean. I wanted the focus of the outing to be on giving. If she had gotten stuff for herself that would have been the end of her attention.

When we got home she helped to cut the paper and wrap each item, admittedly with much guidance. She remembered who each item was intended for, proving that she had given them some thought!

wrapped

cutting

wrapping

If you are named Ben, Sara, Sue, Mike, Sam, Eric, Elise and are related to me please stop reading at this point!

Are they gone? Oh good. Now, I really must share her choices with you. Please look at the pic and use the numbered list to match the item with the recipient.
christmas presents by c
  1. Elise- crayon piggy bank
  2. Ben- mini foam darts
  3. Sam- helmut
  4. Sara- strange squishy ball
  5. My Dad- super bouncy ball
  6. My Mom-Christmas tin, it's empty
  7. Eric- green hair extension headband
When she was done with the whole project she said,"I'm so happy, that was fun!" Score 

5 comments:

Marie Roxanne said...

You had a great idea in having Cordelia choose gifts for her friends and family and not let her buy anything for herself, I hope she learned the meaning of giving and the future (in 11 days!) satisfaction of watching everyone open their gifts that she chose with care and thought!

Pam Brewer said...

She'll have even more fun when they open their gifts and are delighted!

affectioknit said...

That is just too sweet for words!

~Have a lovely day!

Tammie said...

love this.

and that harlequin paper is awesome.

Mom/Sue said...

Hey! I just returned to finally read the rest of this post. Too cute! I really, really, really love my tin/drum! Great parenting, Momma.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...