Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Milestone

Elise

I think a first word deserves a post of its own. Elise has started to talk...or at least has a first word and we think a second word as well. For the past month she has been saying, "Momma (or mama, your choice." Of course it started out as the mamamamamamammamama sound, but it has changed and now it is pointed---directed at me. She shouts for me, arms outstretched. She doesn't call anyone else Momma, just me. When I went out with Sarah, Eric said Elise kept looking around for me and calling,"Momma!"

She has also started in on Dada as well, though it just started a few days ago so we aren't 100% certain she totally knows what's what. So much for the second born learning to talk later!!!

8 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

So smart! Love that girlie!

Michelle said...

Absolutely love the photo!

Marie Roxanne said...

What a HUGE smile! I love it that you are her "momma" not Mommy, mother, ma, mom...

What does Cordelia call you?

I have a cousin from day one, calls his mother by her first name, refused to call her any of the "mothering" names.

Mom said...

Grandma next?

Stacy said...

Yay! And such a sweet face!

Court said...

Yay for firsts!

Victoria said...

What a doll!!

Kirsteen Murray said...

Aw, how precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...