Friday, March 1, 2013

Confessions: Dumb Things From My Youth

confessions2

Ahhh the flower of my youth...blossoming with opportunities for confessions.
  • When I was about 4 my family was visiting my Grandma Grace. She was living next to some people who had a young horse. For some reason we were invited over to check it out. I was warned not to walk behind it. Being the type of girl who a)think animals will make exceptions for her b) doesn't like to be told what to do, I immediately walked behind the horse wherein I was kicked in the face. I have a chin scar to prove it. Cordelia regularly asks to have this story recounted.
  • Horse related...in junior high I used to cut hair from some random horse who lived near my house and I would braid it in with my own. The cut end was super itchy and the braid always looked super bad.
  • My opening line to Eric was, "Does it bother you that you're so short." I was 5'10" at the time and a young, pre-growth spurt, Eric was much shorter.
  • When I was in elementary school I had a friend stay the night and we thought it would be hilarious to cover our teeth with pink gum and when my mom came it check in on us we'd pretend to be asleep with our mouths open (??) and she'd think our teeth had fallen out. Instead we fell asleep in the dark (my mom never saw us at all) and I ended up with not one, but two pieces of gum in my hair the following morning.
  • I had a mullet at age 4.
  • I purchased an MC Hammer tape at a gas station to give to my 6th grade crush for Valentine's Day.
  • I kept the MC Hammer tape for myself....

Your turn!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh how funny about the horses! We had horses when I was growing up and when I was seven years old, I convinced my babysitter that it was totally okay to ride the horses while my mom was at work. So she popped me up on my horse and within seconds, I fell off, and it knocked the wind out of me. This poor girl was like freaking out but I was fine. She found out the hard way that it wasn't okay to ride the horses and she never came to babysit us again.

Michelle said...

It's always good to start the day with a good laugh, and you provided mine today!

Anne Marie has a good horse riding story form our time in Bayfield--perhaps she'll share it with you.

And I totally get that Cordelia loves the story of the horse kick--kids love to find out their all-powerful parents weren't always perfect (and I suspect that little miss has an awful lot of you in her)!

Sarah Purdy said...

I didn't think I could like you any more than I already do, but then you go and post these. Seriously. Coolest. Friend. Ever!

Victoria said...

Ha! You are IN for it with Cordelia! Love your uninhibited self!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...