Today marks 8 months since Elise was born! I cannot believe how time has flown by---yes I say that every month I know. In case you are just tuning in, click the number to see the month 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5, 6, 7.
Over the past month Elise has accomplished the following:
- Now sort of says Bumblebee....really it is just Bummmm-uh, but we know what she means at this point. Still no C sound, so Cordelia has to wait.
- Will stand independently.
- She can get to standing and squatting on her own, but it is still short lived. She gets excited, celebrates and tips over pretty quickly.
- She has crawled, just a few little creeps in the past week. I think her record is about 2 feet of crawled space. Generally she has this technique of placing her hands down, lifting her bum and then rotating. She covers a surprising amount of ground that way. Soon we will have to break out the baby gates. I am not thrilled about that in our three level home.
- She has a lot of happy chatter now and seems to think she can communicate ideas...
- She really is over baby food. She wants whatever I am eating or drinking. Many a fine glass of water has been tainted by baby backwash. I am happy to say that, while I have let a good many things slide, will not drink baby backwash.
- She has made it her mission to get our phones and put them in her mouth. It is nearing obsession level.
- She calms instantly when listening to this song, don't ask me why.
- Generally the girl is extremely responsive to music.
- She laughs and plays with her sister now, bath time is the best!
Please excuse the out of focus nature of this shot, but I only got one before she did this....
she wanted the camera. Don't worry she calmed quickly with this.