Friday, March 15, 2013

Vegan Recipe: Blueberry Muffins

blueberry muffin

So, last month my friend Kate and I started the vegan food blog, Rooted Vegan (click to check it out---please check it out AND FOLLOW, please). You probably wondered if I would continue to share recipes here as well. The answer is yes, I will. You see I have to feed my family most of the time, sometimes we just graze, and I have plenty of recipes to share. So, here is a new recipe for blueberry muffins.

blueberry muffin

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1 1/4 c soymilk
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp EnerG Egg Replacer mixed with 2 T warm water
2 c flour
2/3 c vegan sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c frozen organic (cuz you can) blueberries

1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Mix wet ingredients.
3. Combine and mix with a hand mixer until it is the consistency of the lovechild of cake batter and cookie dough.
4. Add blueberry and gently mix.
5. Fill a dozen lined muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

blueberry muffin


4 comments:

affectioknit said...

YUM! I love blueberry muffins...

~Have a lovely day!

Sarah Purdy said...

I just love blueberry muffins. They make the house smell so darn good. Of course, the taste is like nibbling on heaven.

Mom said...

You need a regular FOLLOW place to click... the Google Friend Connect one.

Court said...

I will! We've been doing the Daniel fast which is mostly vegan but also no sugar so I've been looking for recipes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...