Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Date Night!

Last night my parents enjoyed some time with our girls so Eric and I could have a nice dinner date. Elise is big enough that I don't spend my time away worrying that she is freaking out. In fact, she is so crazy about my mother and father that she pretty much dives away from me when she spots them. Thanks kid. Cordelia has been doing that for years now so it is just par for the course. I get it, my parents are like super grandparents. They do fun stuff, they give the girls their complete attention and they play, play, play. So I was out the door and ready to enjoy a couple of hours with the mister.

I don't know about you, but I believe one of the best gifts we can give to these girls is an example of a healthy and loving marriage. We try our best to show that in a day to day scenario. Yet, they also need to see (and we need to experience) the enjoyment that their parents share in each other's presence. So, in order to do that, we must make our marriage a major priority. Date nights are a must.

I left the girls in the loving arms of my parents and skipped out the door...a few parting glances to see that Elise was mellow, she was, and I was on my way! I drove to Eric's work to pick him up for dinner. While driving to pick Eric up I was able to listen to NPR with full attention. It was crazy. I navigated the wet roads and pulled into the lot behind the museum. Eric was there waiting. He hopped into the car. Wooooo!

We went to a local restaurant and ordered our meal as we talked and sipped on wine. Well, Eric had a tawny port I had a glass of wine. We talked about work, art, nonsense. Our waitress had the insight to give us a booth in the corner so we were on our own. 

Untitled

What a great way to spend the evening. I really like my husband in addition to the loving part and the feeling is mutual. So, we joked and talked and ate too much pasta. Then, because I had the time and wasn't holding a struggling child or baby, I made a food face.

Untitled

Our waitress didn't notice, but that's part of the art as Eric says.

Untitled

Another date night on the books.

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

Sounds fun and relaxing...

~Have a lovely day!

Marie Roxanne said...

I love your pasta face! Shame that the waitress din't notice. Eric is adorable. I am glad to see him so happy!

Sarah Purdy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful night!

Daphne said...

You guys inspire me. Love the food face, and you two are both cuties!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...