Friday, April 19, 2013

Hair Don't

My mother likes to mix things up. Paint her kitchen cabinets a minty green. Sure. Why not?  She even splatter painted my brother's bedroom wall in the 80s (think this).   When she decided that orange was her favorite color we all though prison uniform, but she totally made orange her signature color and there is nothing prison-y about it. She loves to rearrange her furniture and she has no qualms about getting a new hair do. She grows her thick and glossy tresses for a couple of years, chops and donates her locks, then she experiments with styles as the hair grows again.

This constant changing of hairstyles has meant that there are always a few hair style magazines sitting around her house.

Yesterday, just for fun, my father asked Cordelia to pick out a new hair do for my mother. Here is what she chose. Then Cordelia wistfully admitted that she hopes her hair looks like that when she is an adult.

Hair don't
Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

A platinum blonde beehive for Susie? I'm sorry Cordelia, I'm just not seeing it--but I give you points for imaginative thinking!

Stacy said...

That Cordelia, she's got some taste! Is your mom going to do her hair like that?

Anne Marie said...

Lovely... ;o)

Tammie said...

im still getting over the fact that she splatter painted the bedroom. that was big in the eighties! awesome!

Mom said...

I totally should, huh?

Marie Roxanne said...

Just for Sunday "Mom"...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...