Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Update

me

Some of you have emailed and asked me a bit about my issue with post partum depression, that I discussed here. Some of you have wondered how I am doing. Thank you. I just thought I'd give a little update.

I am doing well, really well. I don't feel that residue of unhappiness that had so plagued me for months. I really do feel as though I am back to myself. I feel normal and I do normal, for me, things (like singing in my operatic voice until Cordelia asks me to stop). I can't begin to offer advice to others as my case was on the mild end and each person deals with depression in their own way.

I will say that admitting my problem was a huge relief. Facing the problem head on, with the help of my husband, forced me to really look at things directly. The process of healing was gradual. Felt kind of like the emotional equivalent to trying to get out of a pool while wearing winter clothes. The temptation of depression, to just succomb to those feelings, was a heavy weight, but slowly I hefted myself out and took some time to dry off.

Now I feel lighter. I have easy access to feelings of happiness and gratitude. Thank you all for your kind words, emails and support. Means the world to me.

Please stop by tomorrow as I celebrate my 2,000th blog post!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Been there and done that and am so glad you are feeling better. It is a very difficult condition to explain or for others to understand. A loving, caring, nonjudgmental husband is helpful beyond measure. Recovery is gradual as you have found, but so wonderful to finally get there! I remember sitting outdoors on the grass when my son was about nine months old, looking at the blue sky, feeling the sunshine on my face, and being flooded with the realization that I felt good and normal and happy!

affectioknit said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better now...

~Have a lovely day!

Sarah Purdy said...

PPD: 0, Maria: 1 Glad you're feeling better, friend.

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

Whoot! Whoot! So glad to hear it lovely lady. :)

sophie said...

So good to read that life is brighter these days.

Marie Roxanne said...

Thanks for all you do MariaRose! I deeply appreciate reading your blog every day.

AKM said...

Happy that you're happy! Your posts have quite literally shined rays of hope upon me on some of my darkest days in the past. I hope that you continue to find your own joy every day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...