Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Something Different

A few months ago Eric mentioned that he really wanted a portrait of me. I kind of laughingly said, sure why not? He mentioned a specific artist (more on the artist later) that we both know and I laughed. The artist is AMAZING! I was sure that would never ever happen. I forgot who I am married to.

Eric set the whole thing up. I am not really sure where my head was, but it didn't really register for quite some time. Then, suddenly, the time for my sitting (when the artist works with the model) was fast approaching and I realized that this painting is something that will be in our family for generations. No pressure. So I started to put some serious thought into my dress, hair, makeup, etc. Most important to me was to include a few pieces of jewelry that my daughters will someday inherit. 

Pose

Then, Sunday I went in for my sitting. I found the studio space to be all set up with a chair and a backdrop. The artist had arranged the lighting just so and all I had to do was sit there. What a different experience it was to be on the other side of the canvas! It was intimidating and strange. I chatted when I could and tried my hardest not to be my normal fidgety self.

Pose

I will admit that I told him I was totally fine if he left off the tattoo I got when I was 16...oh and the lines on my ankles from the socks I'd been wearing up until I put on my outfit.

I have no idea when it will be done, but I will share it with you when it is complete.

Have you ever sat for an artist?


10 comments:

Michelle said...

Looking at the sketched in portion in the photo, it looks like knees and shins without enough room on the canvas for your head??? Now I'm really curious as to how it will all turn out! Very cool deal, though, to have your portrait done.

Sarah Purdy said...

I can't wait to see the portrait! I've never sat for a painting and I can't imagine ever being able to sit still long enough to do so! I'm sure it will be gorgeous.

Marie Roxanne said...

Not for a professional artist but for my brother's art class in high school. He got an A for his work. I guess I made a pretty convincing Lumberjack holding a chainsaw!

Maria Rose said...

Oh that last pic is just a color study, not the painting.

elizabeth said...

now you've got us all interested!
i know it will be amazing!

Stacy said...

Cool! Yay for Eric!!

Allen said...

WOW

Sue said...

Oh, it is going to be so beautiful... like you!

Victoria said...

Oh, that Eric! Yes! I have sat for a painting. It's takes a cool cumber to sit still. ;)

affectioknit said...

I'm sure your portrait will be beautiful! I've never sat for a portrait but my college roommate did...a huge 6 foot canvas for a senior's exhibition...she still has it...

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...