Here are links to the last 10 months 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Over the past month Elise has:
- started walking. She is up to ten consecutive steps, but she gets it now.
- continued to expand her vocabulary. She says several recognizable words and has even more words that a priviledged few can understand. For instance, gma means grandma.
- popped out some teeth. Teething is totally lame. She is pretty annoyed by the whole business.
- decided that she'd rather drink out of regular cups, with very little success, but no lack of commitment to the process.
- continued to develop personal relationships with each member of her family. Tender hugs for Grandma, jubilant smiles for Cordelia, kisses for her dad, whines for me.
- learned to signal that she wants chocolate...for real. She knows where I stash my chocolate chips and she makes a hand to mouth motion and then gestures to said location and says, "muh," which means more.
- begun to enjoy putting things into other things---toys into boxes, purse stuff into my purse, etc.
- started to play games. She is upstairs giggling furiously as she plays an invented game with her sister as their dad looks on.
- developed a major love of the outside. If the door is open we should probably be out there, in her humble opinion.