Friday, June 7, 2013

Project: Backyard Waterfall, River, Racetrack

  waterfall

Have you seen those posts on Pinterest about how to make a river in your backyard using foil? I saw it, looked like fun so we tried it. See below for the results of that effort (and before you judge, yes we know our lawn is outta control. I swear we just mowed).

bundle of foil

Then I had a stroke of genius. I spotted a gutter that was laying in our yard when we moved in a couple of years ago. We kept it as we assumed it had blown off of a neighbor's house and they might come looking for it. Then I thought I might make a cool planter from it...but then yesterday its true purpose came into perfect clarity. Lay it in the yard, attach a hose and you've got a river. Prop it up, attach a hose and you've got a waterfall. No water? Then you've got a race track. Seriously fun!


waterfall


cart
Yes, that is an elephant in a shopping cart.

4 comments:

Kate said...

We did this last year, and it worked SO well. I suspect because, despite our best efforts, our NM lawn remains a bit short. This year, some odd thick, soft weeds have taken over, so I'll have to work harder to make that work. First world problems.

Marie Roxanne said...

Elephant in a shopping cart! I almost peed my pants laughing! Who's idea was that? I wonder if the elephant felt scared going down the gutter?

Michelle said...

Creative play--making memories--can't beat it.

luminousvegans said...

This looks like so much fun! I love DIY play like this. Plus, mini shopping care with elephant...adorbs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...