Friday, July 19, 2013

Morning Thunder

Before I opened my eyes I heard a rumble. I groaned inwardly. I just knew that it was the sound of Cordelia thundering into our room for a morning wake-up. Too early I thought as I opened my eyes.

 It was dark still, but the clock read 6am, our bedroom should have been aglow with morning light. I was confused, sitting in that morning fog and trying to figure out what was going on.  Another rumble, but no Cordelia.

gutter

Then it struck me, a storm. Hooray! One more rumble of thunder followed by the heavy footsteps of a 3 3/4 year old girl. She wandered into our room, awakened by the thunder or the inner alarm clock of the young, not sure.

wet

We snuggled for a bit before Eric got up with Cordelia. I stayed with a still sleeping Elise. I listened to the rain pounding on the roof. I could see the flashes of lightning behind closed lids. Finally a long and loud rumble woke Elise and we wandered down to the living room to sit on the couch with the rest of the fam.

plants

The storm roared and rained for a couple of hours before fading off into a cloudy morning. Surely those clouds will give way to the hot day promised by the weather forecast, but that storm was lovely. I feel so inspired by cloudy skies and a good soaking. 

rain Thanks to my hubby for the photos!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Me too! It's been wonderfully cool and rainy here in the Land of Enchantment!Enjoy your lovely day!

Sarah Purdy said...

It was a truly wonderful storm. I sat next to the window with my coffee and computer, just enjoying the cool breeze and sounds of the storm cleansing the air and giving the thirsty earth a nice long drink.

Michelle said...

Glad you got some rain!

Emily said...

Stormy mornings are always a welcome change in the summertime. It's like a forced slowing down of your day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...